Monday 24 August 2015

Alyssa's top 6 skin care tips for travelling!


I have some experience with long journeys which are great but sometimes your skin can suffer as a result here’s how to keep your skin healthy when on the go:

1.       Cleansing lotion.

I don’t know about you but I hate going for a whole day without cleansing. Sometimes you just don’t have time or you get stuck on travelling for a whole day somewhere where there are no toilets or the toilets are too small or uncomfortable to wash you face in, much like the ones on an aeroplane. This is where cleansing lotion comes in handy, simply use a cotton pad to wipe the cream all over you face and you’ll be clean and blemish free, perfect for travelling.

I like to use the Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion. This one is great for people with dry skin (so not if you have oily skin) and it’s Simple so it should be safe for sensitive skin. At the moment Simple products are half price at boots.
 

2.        Spot sticks/ pens.

Spot sticks are great for getting rid of a blemish as soon as it starts appearing they’re also usually pretty small and able to fit in your bag easily. I use the Clean&Clear advantage spot treatment gel.
 

3.       8 or 12 hour moisturizers.

If you’re going to be travelling for a while it’s the perfect excuse to use an 8 or 12 hour moisturiser to pamper your skin.

4.       Lip Balms.

Lip balms such as this Coca Cola flavoured lip smacker are good for travelling as they’re small, lightweight and stop your lips from being dried out.
 

5.       Exfoliating skin pads.

When you cleanse and exfoliate you’re giving your skin the best clean it can get. However exfoliating on the go can be hard. I like to use tea tree and which hazel exfoliating pads as tea tree and witch hazel are fantastic for giving your skin a healthy glow whilst keeping in clear of blemishes.

6.       My 6th and final travel skin care tip is to avoid make up as much as possible a little powder and concealer if you really can’t go without but who is going to see you when your hundreds or thousands of miles away? I like to take the opportunity to give my skin a break where possible.

Thanks for reading!

Let me know your travelling skin care tips in the comments!


-Alyssa <3

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I didn't expect this and I have noted down some tips for my next holiday! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren glad you found it helpful thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
    2. Great tips. I would surely skip the make up part! :)

      Delete
    3. Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading
      -Alyssa <3

      Delete